Easy and Delicious Quiche

Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I take forever five-ever to pick out groceries, clothes, toiletries, medicine, really any item where I have to spend money. I want to weigh all my options, which ends up taking way too long and drives all my friends and family crazy. The other day my sister and I were at the grocery store and my sister was starting to get stir crazy from me weighing the pro's and con's of every type of lettuce (There were mixed greens, spinach, romaine, the possibilities were seriously endless!). We were both exhausted from a long day and weren't thrilled about having to come home and cook dinner. Suddenly my sister spotted the pre-made pie crust and suggested making a quiche. I jumped at the idea because it's easy, healthy, delicious, and pretty cheap to make. Get ready to for one of the best quiche recipes in the world, handed down from hundreds of quiche-making experiments from my lovely dad!


Cheddar cheese and spinach quiche delicious

Cheddar cheese and spinach quiche delicious

Cheddar cheese and spinach quiche delicious with salad


Total time: 50 mins
Prep time: 30 mins
Bake time: 20 mins
Serves: 8 slices

Ingredients:
-1 store-bought pie crust
-1 spritz of no-stick spray
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-1 bag of frozen spinach*
-3/4 of a white onion
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-4 eggs
-1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
-2 teaspoons of sour cream

Directions:
1.Take the pie crust out of the plastic container but do not unroll it. Let the rolled up pie crust sit on the counter for 15 minutes.**
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Add no-stick spray to pan and then unroll pie crust. Place pie crust in the dish and poke it with a fork to make holes all around the pie crust.
4. Bake pie crust at 350°F for 8 minutes.***
5. Dice onion. Add olive oil and onions to a pan and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir until spinach is cooked, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
6. Crack and beat eggs. Add sour cream to eggs and stir until incorporated.
7. Add veggies to pie dish and place a layer of cheese on top. Add the eggs, followed by a second layer of cheese.
8. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until firm.


*You can switch out spinach for broccoli or asparagus but I love how it tastes with spinach!
**The pie crust comes from the refrigerator and will tear if it isn't at room temperature. Letting it warm up to room temperature will allow it to be more supple and less likely to tear when you're placing it on the pie dish.
***This makes the crust extra flaky and delicious!


Thanks for reading!

Scarves and Sweets

No comments:

Post a Comment